If you’re free on Saturday and looking for a fun event in Orange, check this out. (This is not an official SCO event, we’re simply passing along information about a good event in the area.)
Film, post-film Q&A, and food trucks in conjunction with the Chapman University Ayn Rand manuscript exhibit
Admission is FREE and open to the public
• Ayn Rand manuscript exhibit, special Saturday morning hours
• Gallery talk by guest curator Jeff Britting
• Film screening
• Post-film discussion: Host Jeff Britting with director Michael Paxton and Dr. Amy Peikoff (Chapman Law School)
• Saturday, June 2, 2012
Exhibit: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. (special hours)
Gallery talk: 11 a.m.
Food trucks: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Film: 1 p.m.
Post-film Q&A: 3:30 p.m.
An Academy Award nominee for Best Documentary Feature, Ayn Rand: A Sense of Life examines Rand’s life and development. (http://www.aynrandasenseoflife.com/)
• “We the Living and For the New Intellectual: Celebrating the Drama and Philosophy of Ayn Rand” at the Frank Mt. Pleasant Library of Special Collections and Archives, Building 19/H-6 on this campus map: http://bit.ly/LSNkp6
• Food trucks: Orange Home Grown Farmers and Artisans Market, corner of N. Cypress St. and Palm Ave., Orange, Calif. (http://on.fb.me/tvzLD6)
• Screening: Folino Theatre, Dodge College of Film and Media Arts, 283 N. Cypress St., Orange, CA 92866 (http://on.fb.me/K3QYbj)
To visit the exhibit, attendees might choose a more central location, such as the Barrera Parking Structure (paid), P7/E-6 on this campus parking map:http://bit.ly/KGuItb. Otherwise,
• Free city parking in public lots (all light blue areas on this map:http://bit.ly/KMXqTv); closest lot to theatre: corner of Maple and Cypress (178 spaces)
• Free Farmers Market lot, corner of W. Sycamore Ave. and N. Cypress St. (125 spaces)
• Knott Studios lot (paid), P8/D-8 on this campus parking map: http://bit.ly/KGuItb
Jeff Britting is curator of the Ayn Rand Archives and author of the short, illustrated biography Ayn Rand (The Overlook Press, 2004). Jeff developed and associate-produced the Academy Award-nominated documentary Ayn Rand: A Sense of Life and the feature film Take Two; he is also a composer and stage producer.